Environmental Health Officer
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $84,067 - $91,546 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs, and we want you to enjoy the benefits that best work for you and your stage of life. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and countless opportunities for professional and personal development. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
The Environmental Health team is looking for an experienced Environmental Health Officer to proactively protect public health for the City of Melton, administering responsibilities under the Food Act 1984, the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, the Environmental Protection Act 1987 and other public health legislation.
- Process applications and approvals and assist with administration of permits and premises registered with Council pursuant to relevant legislation.
- Conduct inspections and take enforcement action as required to ensure compliance.
- Generate relevant documentation and assist with initiating legal proceedings as directed in relation to breaches within areas of responsibility.
- Work with the Environmental Health team to establish positive communications with the general public and educate, promote and assist with the need for compliance with the various statutes, legislation and local laws.
- Conduct Tobacco Act education visits and assist with test purchasing program as required.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health, suitable to work as an Environmental Health Officer in Victoria
- Relevant experience working in as an Environmental Health Officer in local government
- You will be highly organised with a can do, proactive attitude and enjoy working as part of a high performing team
- Ability to work after hours as required
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/.
How To Apply
For further information about the position, please contact Adele Sarrou, Environmental Health Officer on 9747 7336.
Apply by filling out the application and addressing the key selection criteria below.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 29 January 2021.
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.